Youth Empact provides regular opportunities for youth to engage with regular community service opportunities in different Hong Kong settings. Led by university students, youth will be placed in teams of 5 and will rotate to a different service area every three months. Community service engagement for the 2016-17 leadership training cohort will start in November 2016.
Benefits of Community Service Engagement
- See a different part of Hong Kong!
- Develop interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Bond with new friends
- Experience the positive benefits of giving back
- Explore what it means to be a citizen
Types of Volunteering Opportunities
- Beach cleaning
- Visiting the elderly
- Cleaning and restoring houses of vulnerable groups
- Doing bread runs, cooking and serving with food distribution NGOs
- Organic farming and community garden